Sunny Sundays at The San Pablo Loft with Jimmy, Damien + Joey
For the second installment of radio mandana we're taking it to an old store-front in North Oakland, CA, where couple Jimmy and Damien live with their pup Joey in a "bohemian-simple" inspired loft filled with over 80 plants and handmade goods from artist/maker friends.
"There's a big emphasis on natural-warm tones and inviting energy," Jimmy Brower, Maker at West Perro and Curator of Head West Marketplace says, "with a mix of vagabond lives, hippie roots with street style, and clean lines."
When they are not spending time in the Bay Area dog parks with Joey (yes, he has an Instagram page too), connecting with local shops and the makers that fill them, or chilling at home on those sunny Sundays, they are traveling. "We love the American Southwest and the magic of Mexico," says Damien Merino, Owner of Circle and X, private land in Joshua Tree for camping, art, and enjoyment. "We enjoy easy days, outdoor adventures, and scenic spots in the desert. And that has inspired this mix."
Their biggest splurge for their home?
"Plants, hands down. And the pots they live in."
- Stuck in the Middle with You -- "Stealers Wheel"
- DeClan McKenna -- "Brazil"
- Hound Dog Taylor and the HouseRockers -- "She's Gone"
- Leonard Cohen -- "So Long, Marianne"
- The Thrills -- "Santa Cruz (You're Not That Far)
- The Eagles -- "Witchy Woman"
- Koko Taylor -- "Happy Home"
- The Tallest Man on Earth -- "Love is All"
- Paul Simon -- "Koda Chrome"
- Jackson Browne -- "The Pretender"
- Fleet Foxes -- "White Winter Hymnal"
- The Grateful Dead -- "Friend of the Devil"
- Billy Bradd -- "When the Roses Bloom Again"
- First Aid Kit -- "Wolf"
- James Taylor -- "Mexico"